Refuse-derived fuel incineration. Efficient energy recovery.
Heat and power from trash: Our RDF-fired waste-to-energy plant (WTE) at Industriepark Höchst incinerates your pre-treated municipal solid waste and harnesses the resulting energy to produce steam and electricity in a highly efficient process. So not only will we destroy your waste properly in full compliance with all legal obligations, but we will minimize your environmental impact, too. Co-generation technology delivers nearly 90 percent efficiency. The heat output is used to generate process steam that is fed into Industriepark Höchst’s steam supply system.
To ensure reliable, high-availability disposal, we support it with a high-quality logistics infrastructure – direct highway access, ten delivery gates, an express gate, three incineration lines and a large fuel bunker.
- Incineration capacity: 700,000 Mg/a
- Incineration temperature: approx. 850°C
- Internally circulating fluidized bed
- Number of combustion lines: 3
Heat recovery steam generator
- Steam generation: 265 t/h
- Electricity generation: 70 MW
Flue gas cleaning
- Two stages per line
- Spray absorber (lime slurry), baghouse (entrained-flow adsorption with lignite coke)
- Dry, pre-sorted and pre-treated medium calorific fractions of municipal solid waste
- Municipal and industrial sewage sludge
Also read our factsheet about