T2C GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Thermal Conversion Compound Industriepark Höchst GmbH operates a waste-to-energy plant to recover energy from preprocessed waste (refuse-derived fuel) at Industriepark Höchst. The power plant utilizes waste to conserve finite natural resources and reduce greenhouse gas emissions from heat and power generation
We pledge to act responsibly and in full conformity with the law based on the ISH Group’s vision, mission statement, guiding principles and value statement. We take our responsibility to our employees, customers and the public very seriously when protecting human health and the environment. To achieve all these goals, we have laid down the following guiding principles:
- We pledge to constantly improve our health, safety and environmental activities with the support of our entire staff.
- We intend to operate our facility using advanced technologies and standards that exceed the legal requirements wherever doing so is technically feasible and financially responsible.
- We provide a safe work environment for our employees. We enhance their skills, motivation and awareness of health, safety and environmental issues.
- Our health management programs provide our employees with comprehensive medical support and services designed to promote employee health.
- We are part of an efficient emergency response organization that aims to avoid environmental pollution and health hazards and to contain them as much as possible.
- We make sure that our suppliers and service providers meet the same demanding quality and environmental standards that we do.
- We intend to conserve natural resources by using raw materials and supplies efficiently. We also work to minimize energy consumption and raise energy awareness among our employees.
- We take technical and organizational measures that are based on our goals in order to avoid or minimize waste, noxious emissions and wastewater wherever doing so is technically feasible and financially responsible.
- We consistently develop, monitor and optimize our processes so they serve our customers' needs even better.
- We pledge to consult and communicate with our customers, suppliers and other partners in order to promote safe, environmentally responsible behavior within their and our organizations.
- We actively engage with stakeholders and neighbors, openly cooperate with government agencies, and keep our staff and the general public fully apprised of our activities and their impact on human health and the environment.
These guiding principles represent our company's environmental and quality policies and must be followed by all the employees of Thermal Conversion Compound Industriepark Höchst GmbH.
Frankfurt, May 15, 2020
Dr. Frank Hettich
Thermal Conversion Compound Industriepark Höchst GmbH